We have gotten the memo from black people—they are tired of carrying the torch alone. It is time for us to do some of the heavy lifting required to bring about change.
This site is intended to be a place to get educated and inspired to take meaningful action. Our collective white silence has equated to complicity. But now, many of us are looking for ways to speak up, stand up, and step up for the black community. This is a place to come together in service of that mission.
If you care deeply about the injustices you are seeing, but are not sure what to say, what to do, or how to help, then this is a good place to start. Your ignorance and imperfection are expected and welcome here. No experience required. No shame, no blame. All that is required from you is a strong desire to learn and be a part of the solution.
If the problem was a simple one, someone would have solved it by now. This work is hard. It will take a painstakingly long time to affect change. Social justice is not for the faint of heart. This is a place to keep your fire burning strong for racial equity and justice. A place to keep yourself accountable for continuous learning.
Sign up for our mailing list. As we build out the platform, we will send you updates and resources, including:
- Some of the best books, podcasts, articles, and videos to educate yourself about racism
- A blog dedicated to telling the every-day stories of racism that Black people are experiencing. We cannot change what we cannot see.
- Resources for having age-appropriate conversations with your kids (including book and movie lists)
- Information about Black-owned businesses that you can support
- Information about charities you can donate to that are having a positive impact
- Upcoming events and peaceful protests
We do not come to this work as racial experts. We are learners in this process too. We simply come here with a fire in our bellies, and a whole lot of empathy and passion to create meaningful change.
Let's. Do. This.
Sign up to here.